publication • Friday, May 26th 2017
East Africa Hunger Crisis Situation Report #5
World Vision is responding to a widespread drought affecting 25 million in Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia and South Sudan. Since declaring this a global emergency in March 2017, World Vision has provided relief aid to 1.5 million people across the four countries.
- 840,000+ received food aid and livelihood support
- 440,000+ have been reached through water, sanitation and hygiene programming
- 271,000+ people have accessed health and nutrition services
- 38,000+ children are benefitting from child protection and education interventions
- 30,000+ have received shelter assistance and non-food items including cooking materials, blankets and other items