The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) ratified by almost all countries around the world states that children and young people have the right to participate in decision-making processes that affect their lives.
World Vision believes that children and young people can play a significant role as agents of change within their societites and at the EU level when their voices are heard.
Children and young people's participation in matters that impact on them improves their sense of belonging, justice, responsibility and solidarity.
- BLOG: The role of youth in the post-2015 agenda
- BLOG: I, Millennium Youth, at the European Development Days
- BLOG: Poverty through the eyes of young people
- VIDEO: Olga and Ellen talking about the SDGs and the Millennium Youth project
- VIDEO: Nour and Maruba talking about the SDGs and the MiIlennium Youth project
- VIDEO: Stephen and Ralphs talking about the SDGs and the Millennium Youth project
- VIDEO: Emily and Edgars talking about the SDGs and the Millennium Youth project
- VIDEO: Stephen and Olga's interview by Capacity4Dev
- VIDEO: Edgars, Maruba and Edgleison's interview by Capacity4Dev
- VIDEO: Astghik, from Armenia, on young people's engagement and CVA
- SPEECH: Theresa, young peacebuilder from Lebanon, at the European Development Days
- VIDEO: Theresa's inteview by Capacity4Dev
- BLOG: Zgjim's reflection on reaching the heights for the Rights of the Child
- BLOG: Diana and Gabriel at the #EurochildConf
- Learn how World Vision encourages Child Participation
- BLOG: Learning about violence from young leaders in Addis Ababa
- VIDEO: World Vision Young Leaders at SDGaction stand at European Development Days 2017
- VIDEO: Young Leaders for ending violence against children at EDD 17
World Vision Brussels & EU Representation is a strong advocate of child participation and has invited children and young people to speak directly to EU decision makers on several occasions, including: the EU-NGO Human Rights Forum, the UN CRC 25th Anniversay in the European Parliament and the European Development Days.