World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
“Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.” We are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision to join the team in the following roles.
Position: Programme Manager
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Duty station: Gulu
Purpose of the position: To provide leadership and management to Area Development Programmes (ADPs) and grant projects within designated district/s in the development of programme and project designs and plans, capacity building; and facilitate implementation of interventions in a manner that empower communities, children and local institutions.Key Responsibilities
Leadership and supervision of teams and individual staff
· Manage, supervise and build the capacity of programme staff (ADPs and grant projects) in quality programme development, management and implementation
· Provide guidance to program staff in planning and monitoring detailed implementation plans and activities.
· Provide leadership in setting and managing staffing targets and priorities.
· Plan for and implement reflection and learning events.
Operations planning and implementation:
· Coordinate, guide and facilitate operational planning and implementation of integrated development programmes and projects in the programme area
· Lead the process of carrying out baselines, evaluations and planning.
· Monitor and supervise timely and quality implementation of ADPs and grant project annual plans and targets.
· Lead in identification and documenting of community needs and fundable ideas/ developing small Private None Sponsorship Funding proposals for resource mobilization.
Programme monitoring and reporting:
· Facilitate effective monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting in line with agreed organisational targets and standards:
· Establish of functioning programme level M&E system and ensure utilization of the information from the M&E database; and contribute M&E data to the National Office integrated M&E database as per agreed schedule.
· Manage ADP and grant projects information and documentation processes, and ensure effective communication of the program/project results.
· Provide monthly reportsof program and grant project activities to the Regional Operations Manager as per agreed schedule.
Partnering and Collaborations
· Build, maintain and effectively manage strategic partnerships and collaborations at the programme level.
· Effective representation and participation of the WVU programmes in relevant District committees such as District Technical Planning Committee.
· Facilitate staff capacity enhancement on aspects of partnering, collaboration and networking.
Advocacy, Networking and influencing
· Guide and spearhead District level advocacy and justice for children in areas of children’s wellbeing, rights and protection.
· Identify and guide local level advocacy engagements and build strategic networks, coalitions and alliances on key advocacy issues.
· Develop a data base of strategic networks and partnerships for advocacy.
· Document lessons and learning’s from advocacy engagements
· Effective management of child sponsorship operations and performance in compliance with partnership standards
· Implementation of child monitoring in line with monitoring standards.
· Ensure compliance to child protection policy in all programmes (background checks, protocols, audit recommendations, child protection in sponsorship etc)
· Support and lobby the Local Government to ensure functionality of child protection structures and systems at all levels (formal and informal)
· Ensure capacity building for staff and stakeholders for effective child protection programming
Financial/ Budgeting and Assets Management
· Budgeting – Annual planning and budgeting for all programmes and projects in line with planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines
· Monitor and manage budget spend in a timely manner in line with standards.
· Manage assets in the programmes in line with assets policy and set guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
· Must have a university degree in development studies or related field.
· Must have at least 5 years’ experience in community development.
· Must have good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
· Knowledge of financial and human resource management.
· Must be able to communicate in a cross-cultural environment.
Position: AIM Project Manager
Report to: Programme Coordinator
Location: KabalePurpose of position:
The AIM project is a 5 year Maternal and New born Child Health (MNCH) project implemented in the districts of Kabale, Busiteema and Tororo. The Project Manager provides leadership in all aspects of strategic planning and follows through the implementation of agreed upon strategies.
- Project management and coordination - Technically interpret the MNCH technical approaches and facilitate their integration in the HIV/AIDS and Nutrition programming in the project districts.
- Project monitoring and evaluation - Build Coalition with other actors to support districts in implementation of MNCH strategies including the Malaria and Nutrition programming and ensure World Vision’s institutional learning and experiences in MNCH activities feed into AIM’s program development.
· Performance management and supervision - Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff in project development, management and implementation
· Project development - Provide technical guidance and monitor implementation of MNCH activities including but not limited to: Information Education and Communication/Behaviour Change Communications, Community mobilization and interventions targeting VHT.
· Network and collaboration - Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with other actors to support districts in planning and implementation of MNCH strategies including the Malaria and Nutrition programming, community systems strengthening and Health Advocacy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Nursing, Environmental Health, Public Health or any related discipline.
- Experience in working with the Ministry of Health and other local governments
- At least 3 years of technical health project management experience in malaria programming, preferably focused on maternal, newborn and child health.
- Experience in working with communities with good knowledge of Public Health System and structures
- Strong policy analysis and advocating skills
Position: Field Partnerships Coordinator (2 nos)
Report to: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Hoima and Gulu
Purpose of position: To provide strategic guidance on local level partner engagements focussing on civil society organisations, district and sub county local government and the private organisations. In addition, the position is required to provide high level guidance on aspects of partner capacity building.
· Provide technical backstopping and guidance to regional and field staff on several partnership issues including: organisational assessments, partners’ capacity building, sub granting, networking, partners’ capacity building, sub granting, networking, partner reflections and reviews and mapping of partners.
· Mentor Regional staff with skills and knowledge to facilitate the growth and development of strong partnerships within the Region.
· Follow up and report on compliance and effective utilisation of the tools, models, guidelines developed to facilitate effective relationship enhancement and management.
· In consultation with the Staff Training and Development Coordinator, facilitate staff capacity enhancement to improve on the knowledge and skill levels of staff in initiating and managing partnerships.
· Organize and facilitate forums to enhance the sharing and learning of best practices within World Vision Uganda (WVU) and amongst partners through forums like partner review meetings.
· Develop monthly, quarterly and annual work plans, budgets and reports and share them with the Regional Operations Managers to reflect Area Development Programme priorities for review, agreement and approval.
· Support the development of knowledge products for the strengthening of World Vision institutional memory as a basis for learning, documentation, monitoring and evaluation of promising practices, collaboration and partnering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelors Degree in Development studies, social science, NGO management or any other related field
· Post Graduate training in capacity building, net working and monitoring & evaluation will be an added advantage.
· Preferably a minimum of 3 years working experience in an NGO sector (Directly facilitating capacity building and partnerships at a field level)
Position: Assistant Accountant (2 positions)
Report to: Programme Accountant
Location: Bundibugyo and Offaka (Arua)Purpose of position: To assist in providing technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with the Program Accountant and Regional Finance officer on all financial matters relating to the programme/ cluster
- Provide technical support to the programme/ cluster staff and maintain high quality, accurate and reliable financial information.
- Assist in developing programme/ADP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme’s/ cluster/ADPs’ Plan of Action and log frames.
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual.
- Prepare and maintain books of accounts in compliance with WVU policies.
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/ADP team.
- Allocate various expenses to cost centre accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare petty cash and other vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for posting by end of each week
- Adequately manage petty cash in compliance with the Project Finance Manual.
- Coordinate banking issues relating to the cluster’s transactions
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy.
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
· A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing and/or a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
· A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience.
· Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
· Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
· Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
· A high level of integrity is required.
**Please note that in addition to the Knowledge, skills and abilities stated for each of the specific roles above, all applicants must be mature and committed Christians, able to demonstrate an active involvement with their faith and also able to appreciate and stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply: Are you the one we are looking for? Do you meet the requirements spelt out above? Are you passionate about achieving Life in all its fullness for Children? Then Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to email@example.com.
Address your application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title of the job you are applying for in the email subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday, 27th December, 2013
(Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.