An essential aspect of World Vision’s disaster management strategy is to systematically review our programmes, evaluate the effectiveness of our work and conduct research into effectiveness of different disaster management approaches, often in collaboration with academic and inter-agency partners. This learning is applied and incorporated into our work to improve our effectiveness, while also contributing to the overall accountability, transparency and effectiveness of the humanitarian industry.
FIELD IMPACT AND INNOVATION
- Reducing children's vulnerability to violence: A case study in Central African Republic, September 2017
- Child protection in emergencies integrated programme for refugees in Uganda, May 2017
- FY16 End of year report World Vision Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs, February 2017
- Giving children a voice following major events and disasters. July 2016
- Cash-based programming to address hunger in conflict-affected South Sudan. May 2016
- Let Us Learn: A case study of delivering adaptive education and protection in emergency programmes in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. April, 2016
- A reflective learning report about the implementation and impacts of Psychological First Aid (PFA) in Gaza. December 2015
- Nutrition programming in conflict settings: South Sudan Case Study. September, 2015.
- Speed Evidence: Rapid, Accurate Information to and from Disaster Sites. March, 2015.
- Real-time evaluation: World Vision's response to the South Sudan Conflict Emergency. November, 2014.
- Reflection: Last Mile Mobile Solutions facilitation of interagency coordinated in CAR, via the Humanitarian Practice Network. September, 2014.
- Real time evaluation: World Vision's response to Typhoon Haiyan. May, 2014.
- Real-time evaluation: World Vision's response to the Syrian Crisis. March, 2014.
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Inter-agency research into Child Friendly Spaces. Ongoing.
- The Cost of Conflict for Children, March 2016
- Social cohesion between Syrian Refugees and Urban Host Communities in Lebanon and Jordan. November, 2015.
- Future Humanitarian Financing, looking beyond the crisis. June, 2015.
- Putting children at the heart of the World Humanitarian Summit. 2015.
TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Tools and guidance for monitoring and evaluating Child Friendly Spaces. 2015.
- Toolkit for monitoring and evaluating children's participation. 2014.